SAFETY & HEALTH SPECIALIST
Safety and Health Specialist
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
This position will be responsible for providing guidance, direction and leadership to the site’s safety process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Investigate all near misses, first aid cases, recordables, lost day injuries, and vehicular accidents within 24 hours, as well as track closure on all recommendations.
- Spend time being visible in the processing plant and other site locations.
- Conduct periodic safety and health audits and track findings to ensure closure.
- Conduct authorized training for the following topics: Powered Industrial Trucks, Lockout Tagout, Fall Protection, Respiratory Protection, Confined Space Entry, and other topics as assigned.
- Enter information into accident, training completion and corrective action databases accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provide training support to the organization and ensure that all required monthly training is completed as scheduled.
BASIC SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least three years of directly related experience in an industrial environment
- Ability to accurately record and communicate safety incidences to complex management
- Must have a solid knowledge of OSHA and safety regulations
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; SAP experience a plus
- Bi-lingual (english/spanish) strongly preferred
- Must be able to work varying shifts and weekends as needed
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's Degree in related field of study