HEAD OF MARKETING
The PowerPlants Company is a fully funded plant-based protein start-up in Boulder County, CO. It’s an investment by the JBS Company, the second largest global food company and the world’s largest protein producer.
PowerPlants is building its team and looking for a talented and driven marketing professional to help build the best plant-based protein company in the world.
This position is responsible for the PowerPlants marketing strategy including developing and executing strategic business plans, marketing plans and innovation plans, channel strategy, A&P budget management, coordinating and leading agency work, determining channel and market expansion, coordinating with sales leadership to define pricing, trade, distribution, shelving and merchandising strategy for branded, private label, and food service.
- Responsible for leading The PowerPlants Company marketing strategy
- Works closely with other leaders in sales, operations, finance, and R&D and cross-functional teams to develop, recommend and execute strategic business plans, marketing plans and innovation plans to achieve volume, dollar sales, margin, and share objectives
- Responsible for growing meaningful consumer brands including brand positioning, communication, and demand generation
- Works closely with Operations and Production Planning to understand capabilities and capacities available for volume based on forecasts
- Gathers and analyzes data to identify insights and translate into business initiatives and actionable tasks to improve business results
- Sets expectations and supports the Insights & Innovation and R&D teams focused on developing and launching longer-term platforms
- Ensures sales support for customer presentations and retail store modular changes by creating critical sales materials and procurement of product samples
- Recommends and communicates goal performance status with corrective actions monthly
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 10+ years relevant CPG experience in Marketing with full P&L ownership
- Microsoft Office applications with advanced skills in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proven strategic influencing
- Ability to analyze syndicated data and provide insights
- Retail perishable experience preferred but not required