FRESH FOODS REGIONAL SALES MANAGER - WEST
Regional Sales Managers (RSM) are responsible for achieving growth goals against established KPI’s within a defined geographic region. RSM’s will also assist with completing sales initiatives across multiple Food Service channels, as needed to achieve organizational goals. The regional sales manager will provide sales leadership and direction to assigned broker partners while driving sales with distributors and operators.
Remote position ideally located in the western region.
- Regional expert for Pilgrim’s fresh products and plant capabilities.
- Deliver growth to region by managing all fresh foods foodservice distribution across customer segments, including Corporate Accounts (Sysco, US Foods, GFS, PFS/Reinhart, etc.) and significant Tier 2/3 distributors in order to exceed KPI’s
- Collaborate and coordinate with Director of Sales, Regional Sales Managers, and key Broker personnel, to achieve operator growth targets within region.
- Deliver growth to region by managing all fresh foods foodservice distribution across customer segments, including Corporate Accounts (Sysco, US Foods, GFS, PFS/Reinhart, etc.) and significant Tier 2/3 distributors.
- Achieve budgeted sales objectives.
- Manage and maintain pipeline integrity within Pilgrim’s CRM platform.
- Establish sales relationship with top 3-5 large leveraged operators per region.
- Review analytics and conduct regular meetings with each broker market to measure results and adjust strategy.
- Negotiate program agreements for assigned Distributors and Operators as necessary.
- Plan, schedule, develop, and execute sales trainings and new product introductions with Broker offices, Distributors and top Operators.
- Support regional business development activities including food shows, sales meetings and trade shows.
- Regular collaboration with Division Leadership to develop regional strategies and execute national initiatives.
- Introduce and successfully gain distribution with new products and implement supporting programs.
- Effectively manage MDF dollars at a regional level to support growth initiatives with key Operators and Distributors.
- Stay abreast of marketplace needs and changes to include competitive activities and report information back to senior management.
- 50% travel required
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 years’ experience in foodservice sales required; Fresh foodservice sales highly preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Must be able to travel 50+%
- Protein (poultry) experience preferred
- Ability to represent Pilgrims and sell our brand and corporate mission
- Negotiation skills
- Basic computer skills-Microsoft Office
- Collaborative/Accountable/Results driven/ Detail Oriented
- Team Player
- Analytical and process oriented
- Able and willing to communicate effectively
- Desire to Win
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.