PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR 2nd Shift - $5,000 Sign-On Bonus
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member workstations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed
This position is responsible for assuring all procedures are followed in achieving the highest level or productivity in the most cost efficient manner possible while still maintaining the specification of the customer. Make sure all reporting requirements are met for area of supervision. Must be open to work any shift!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Trains and provides an environment for employees to achieve their maximum quality and productivity performance in their respective positions.
- Plans and schedules manpower, materials, product and machines to most effectively and efficiently utilize departmental policies and procedures fairly and equitably to maintain standards established for safety, quality and overall company personnel satisfaction.
- Manages employee performance, providing positive and/or corrective feedback.
- Promotes department and company goodwill through pro-active employee communication and employee involvement.
- Investigates, in cooperation with other departments, areas of quality improvement, cost reduction, method improvement, yield control and equipment maintenance and provides suggestions.
- Promotes safety throughout area where crew is working.
BASIC SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1 or more years of previous Supervisory experience.
- Poultry or food industry experience a plus.
- Previous leadership skills with 20 or more employees.
- Effective communication both orally and in writing.
- Capable of independent decision making.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Must be able to work assigned hours/days - including occasional weekends - as required.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma/GED; College Degree in related field preferred.