ASSOCIATE MARKETING PROJECT MANAGER
Job Title: Associate Marketing Project Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Nearly 150 years ago, Gustavus Swift founded Swift & Company. He was a true pioneer whose passion and innovative spirit transformed the meat industry. This commitment to transformation mirrors that of Swift Prepared Foods today. Swift Prepared Foods is the prepared foods arm of JBS USA, one of the world’s largest meat companies. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
Determination, Simplicity, Availability, Humility, Sincerity, Discipline, Ownership
Scope of Position:
The Associate Marketing Project Manager will manage project teams to ensure that key milestones and objectives are achieved and delivered on time. This position will own the project timelines, prioritization process, and communication systems in leading marketing projects.
In addition, this person will be responsible for all product change management, graphics, and product activations:
- New item creation/setup within internal systems
- Completion of private label graphics artwork
- Internal graphics approval process
- Manage the product development process from idea to delivery. This includes assessing needs, building and managing project plans and timelines, and leading cross-functional project teams
- Day-to-day responsibilities will include creating timelines, managing project tasks, assisting Sales with supporting data and documentation, tracking regulatory compliance, resolving project roadblocks, and driving resolutions
- Utilize graphics skills to help in private label artwork design and lead internal artwork approval
- Work seamlessly with all functions to plan for key commercial milestones across R&D, Supply/Procurement, Marketing, Operations, Regulatory, and outside graphics and customer partners
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field; or a design-related degree with demonstrated business acumen and strong project management skills
- 2+ years of related experience in Marketing or Project Management or at a Design Agency (with project management responsibilities)
- Collaboration and interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely with internal and external customers
- Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Graphics skills to design and create artwork
- Knowledge of design software (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) required
- Action-oriented with strong discipline/timeline and project management skills
- Microsoft Project or relevant project management software experience is a strong plus
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While this position is primarily based in a corporate office setting, travel to the production facilities will be required.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background check for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Swift Prepared Foods is an equal opportunity employer.