QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
Quality Assurance Manager
Responsible for establishing, implementing, and directing quality control efforts to ensure that requirements for processing components, and other materials into finished goods and products conform to quality standards. Through subordinate supervisors or professional staff, establishes and maintains quality assurance standards, procedures, and controls. Works directly with manufacturing to schedule and control inspection activities and to enforce requirements as specified by raw materials, ingredients, products and package specifications, and regulatory agencies. Initiates corrective action for procedural product or process deficiencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages, plans, coordinates, and directs quality control program designed to ensure continuous production/service consistent with established standards.
- Manages the development and analysis of statistical data and specifications to determine present standards and to establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy.
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other managers to maximize quality, reliability, and minimize costs.
- Manages, through intermediate personnel, workers engaged in activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, services, and products.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring work activities such as preparation of records of expenditures, progress reports, etc., in order to inform management of current status or work activities.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to quality and reliability.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists employees in solving work problems.
- Manages installation, inspection, and testing procedures for finished products.
- Recommends corrective action necessary to ensure conformity with quality specifications and standards.
- May investigate customer complaints regarding quality and make appropriate adjustments.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Typically requires a Bachelors degree in a related field.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years DIRECTLY RELATED work experience.
- Working knowledge of HACCP and SSOP plans
- Knowledge of USDA regulations and standards and GMP requirements
- Self motivated and able to work well with others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work varying days (including occasional weekends) and shifts in order to meet deadlines
- Team leader with high ethical standards
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION: HACCP Plan Development and Implementation required; Advanced HACCP-Verification, Validation and Auditing a HACCP System preferred.