QUALITY SYSTEMS ANALYST
This position announcement is for a Quality Systems Analyst who is primarily responsible for building analytic tools using QlikView (or similar technology) for the Quality Assurance department. The position will work with a wide range of functional teams (Quality Assurance, Operations, R&D, IT, Finance, and Sales) utilizing many different data types/sources. The position will also provide business support and training to ensure full knowledge transfer to the end users. Other responsibilities may include related quality systems testing and master data management.
- Must be passionate, motivated, willing to learn, and have an enthusiastic work attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills among all levels of the organization.
- Analytical thinker with an organized & procedural approach to process improvement.
- Strong understanding of data management and applications within SAP and other IT environments.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Ability to frequently re-prioritize and effectively work on multiple initiatives in parallel.
- Active team player who can take direction but also has a willingness to voice ideas.
- Ability to understand the relationships and needs of all functional areas of the business.
- Ability to command a room and foster productive cross-functional discussions.
- Basic knowledge of quality assurance and regulatory compliance in the food industry.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the poultry industry.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to clearly define business requirements.
- Identify business opportunities and offer reporting tools to assist in better decision making.
- Manage analytics initiatives with documented plans and clearly communicate progress.
- Develop and/or augment dashboards and reports using QlikView.
- Deliver work that meets high standards of quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Build training documentation and train users in different environments (classroom, web meetings, etc).
- Provide end users with basic technical support and troubleshooting.
- Monitor the Helpdesk ensuring timely technical support and/or master data modifications.
- Assist in the development of the Quality Assurance department’s long-term technology roadmap.
- Maintain detailed documentation of system architecture and data structures.
- Test related quality systems for accurate and effective design and setup.
This position will require up to 25% travel. This translates into approximately 13 weeks per year primarily related to user training, business research, and formal IT training.
Bachelor’s degree preferred - Business, Computer Science, Quality Assurance or related field. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
1-2 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent education.
Some level of IT background is preferred.