EXPENSE CONTROL MANAGER
Position Title: Expense Control and Continuous Improvement Manager
Department: Plant Operations
Location: Green Bay
Salary Class: Exempt
Title of Supervisor: General Manager
Purpose & Scope: This position will support the General Manager and the operations team in cost control and accountability of all operations targets. The right candidate has a strong accounting or systems background and can analyze and recommend improvements. He or she also must have strong interpersonal skills to work with the team to implement these improvements.
Principle Responsibilities: List and describe (in order of importance) the specific tasks, assignments, level of discretionary authority and/or functions performed.
- Drives the team in achieving annual budget.
- Leads the effort to identify cost savings improvement ideas for plant, and facilitates implementation of these ideas in conjunction with the team. Tracks the actual performances of these savings.
- Partners with the local plant management team, divisional team for cost savings ideas, performance tracking.
- Works with corporate and other plant expense control managers to share and implement best practices across the Regional plants.
- Utilize Qlikview software to support and track plant KPI’s (management targets).
- Drives the effort toward process improvement utilizing a variety of tools
- Participatory programs – Develop 5S program, guiding its deployment and management. Ensure motivation, continuity, engagement and participation in JBS meetings.
- Travel up to 20% a year.
- Work environment: Must be able to work in areas of extreme heat, and cold conditions while in facilities.
Requirements: Describe necessary knowledge or skills, and type and amount of formal schooling, and work experience normally required to obtain these. Do not describe your own particular background.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
Experience: 5+ years of directly related experience required
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to details
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Requires excellent inter-personal skills
- Proficient with spreadsheets and computer systems
Internal: Regional Beef Team
Insurance: Health, Vision, Dental and Life Insurance
Leave and Holidays: Vacation, Paid Holidays
Retirement: 401K Plan
Other Benefits: Meat Purchase