Position Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Greeley, CO Value Added Plant
Salary Class: Exempt
Purpose & Scope:
Our company is in search of a Maintenance Supervisor on 3rd shift. This position requires the ability to lead the hourly team members to attain production and quality goals for customer specifications while ensuring the safest working environment possible. This position is responsible for leading the hourly maintenance team members and responsible for overall plant maintenance including: scheduling, planning, prioritizing work, purchasing, employee supervision, training and development.
- Ensures that all aspects of the company safety policy and procedures are adhered to in the direct and indirect areas of the plant
- Ensures that all aspects of the food safety, HAACP and Government programs are adhered to with emphasis on the continue compliance to these programs
- Directs assigned employees in the performance of approved maintenance work
- Advises superiors and other appropriate members of the maintenance department of equipment failure or items requiring maintenance
- Ensures the production department receive the prompt, efficient, and quality service required to operate at maximum efficiency
- To assure accurate reporting and distribution of maintenance man hours
- Reduce production downtime due to mechanical failure or maintenance problems
- Execution of all maintenance and assigned work in his/her area in the plant
- Directs the activities of a group of mechanics assigned
- Accountable for the efficiency and effectiveness of all labor & resources under supervision
- Working with Machine specific vendors and contractors to maintain and troubleshoot equipment
- Develops and executes planned maintenance programs for equipment within and supporting production areas.
- Supervisory skills; good interpersonal relations; ability to handle conflict.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead a group
- Manage individual employee objectives as well as team performance and building a team approach to problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills
Education: Minimum high school diploma or equivalency required
Experience: 3-5 years previous mechanical background; Previous experience in food manufacturing preferred
- Fast paced environment
- Exposure to various chemicals, machinery, and knives
- Slippery floors, extreme temperatures and loud noises
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Schedule Sun-Thurs and weekends when needed
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $68,000-$80,000 and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program
- The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background check for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.