Warehouse Worker Nights
SAFETY IS A CONDITION:
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member workstations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Responsible for the general operation and a basic maintenance of the auto scale.
- Performs manual scaling at the reweigh station, including general operation and basic maintenance.
- Constant repetition of stacking boxes weighing 45-50 pounds on pallets which are segregated by product code
- Assists with rework by either repairing the cases or identifying cases for return.
- Assures inventory accuracy by submitting daily scale adjustment reports.
- Rotates stock as required.
- Operates forklift and pallet jack safely and efficiently.
- Loads trucks both with equipment and by hand which vary in weight up to 50 pounds per case.
- Ability to fill customer orders accurately using Telxon equipment.
- Keep area clean by performing daily general sanitation.
- Reports shipping problems or concerns to Supervisor of Lead Person immediately.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and speak English
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math skills including: addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and percentage calculations
- Ability to pass a Prove It test
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; Ability to push/pull up to 100 pounds
- Valid forklift and pallet jack license or ability to obtain a license
- Ability to work in a cold environment
- Ability to learn new procedures, i.e. bar code scanner, equipment, stacking grids
- Familiarity with computer system
- Ability to work variable hours and excellent attendance required
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.