PILGRIM'S SAW OPERATOR - NIGHT SHIFT
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
EXPECTATIONS – All Team Members
- Trains others with the skills and knowledge gained from position.
- Observes all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies. Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, co-workers, and leadership teams.
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma.
- Follow all company animal welfare guidelines.
- Other duties as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
· Ability to work with rapid hand movement.
· Ability to work while wearing steel mesh gloves.
· Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
· Ability to apply common sense.
· Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Ability to work in cool temperatures (around 40 degrees)
· Ability to stand and use hands for 8-11 hours per day
· Ability to multitask and work quickly
· Must be a team player and be willing to work close to other employees at some stations. (Less than 3 feet apart.)
· Must have good communication skills.
· Capable of learning and remembering product specifications.
· Capable of lifting and carrying 40+ pounds.
· Good hand and eye coordination required.
· High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
· Intermediate Analytical skills preferred.
· Basic computer skills or strong willingness to learn preferred.
· Food or production experience preferred.
· Desire for continuous improvement preferred.
· To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.