JBS CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM -FIXED ASSET ACCOUNTING
JBS is seeking candidates for a part-time Financial Services Career Development role at our Corporate Office in Greeley, CO to join the Fixed Asset Team. The intent of this position is to provide a year-round, entry-level position to currently enrolled college students on our Fixed Asset Accounting team. This is an exciting, year-round opportunity for candidates who excel in a busy, achievement-oriented environment and obtain relevant work experience that can lead to long-term placement with JBS. School credit may be available.
- Prepare fixed asset related journal entries, record depreciation, and account for the transfer and disposition of fixed assets
- Perform monthly reconciliations including reconciling the fixed asset subsidiary ledger and construction in progress to the general ledger
- Responsible for the month-end fixed asset closing process
- Prepare monthly Capex spend reports and PPE roll forward schedules
- Create, maintain, and coordinate asset audit schedules
- Assist in tracking and reconciling capital projects
- Coordination with plant teams to ensure timely and accurate completion of capital projects
- Prepare audit schedules related to fixed assets and assist with quarterly reviews and audits
- Various ad-hoc reporting requests
- Other duties as assigned
- Preferred availability is 4 hours per day, a total of 20 hours per week. Hours must be scheduled Monday-Friday 7am-5pm, year-round.
- 1-2 years customer service experience
- Actively pursuing an Associates or Bachelors degree. Accounting, Finance or Business degree preferred.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with internal and external customers
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to successfully work under strict deadlines
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- Base salary range of $16.50/hour
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.