Job Interest Sheet
Job title: Laboratory Technician
Reports to: Laboratory Supervisor
Nonexempt Hourly Rate:
Type of position:
- Collect samples from production areas and coolers to test for quality and cleanliness.
- Use designated Lab methods and equipment to test all samples for each individual outcome.
- Complete necessary reports; relay results to essential individuals.
- Monitor inventory and report needed supplies.
- Attend meetings as needed or assigned.
- Perform various other duties as needed or assigned.
- Laboratory media and reagent preparation.
- Collect Carcass Residue samples on the Slaughter Floor for testing in Lab.
- Set up Shelf Life Studies of designated products.
- Follow Government regulated E coli testing requirements.
- Clean glassware and maintain overall Lab cleanliness.
- Plus and tasks deemed necessary by Laboratory Supervisor.
- Be able to communicate written and verbally in English
- Be able to work all shifts as needed
- Computer skills
- Self motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Chemistry & Microbiology
- Organizational Skills
Education Requirements (if applicable)
- Degree in biological sciences or related field and experience/education in lab setting preferred, but will train individual on all aspects.
Approved by: Sergio Lopez
Title: Employment Manager
Posting Date: 03/17/2020 Closing Date: 03/27/2020
Apply online @ jbssa.com