OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH MANAGER
Occupational Health Manager - RN
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
The Occupational Health Manager is a Registered Nurse (RN) responsible for direct care of team members. Directing, administering, supervising and evaluating the Complex Occupational Health Department with professional expertise and administrative leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Develop and maintain an efficient occupational health nursing process appropriate to the needs of the facility with respect to size and nature of work activities.
- Provide compassionate, quality care to team members.
- Utilize cost containment measures in all department activities.
- Provide observation, care, and counsel of team members with occupational illness or injuries including nursing assessment, first aid, follow-up care, rehabilitation service, and case management.
- Coordinate all workers' compensation management including, compliance with requirement of state workers' compensation regulations, reporting all cases that require outside medical care to third part administrator (TPA), imitation of internal case management on workers' compensation claims.
- Adhere to all state and federal regulations including OSHA, Worker's Compensation, etc.
- Provide first aid, minor treatment, counseling, referral and medical liaison for non-occupational health and medical concern of team members.
- Adhere to health management protocols as directed.
- Schedule and or perform health assessments and evaluation of team members for return-to-work, fitness for duty, and medical surveillance in accordance with Pilgrim's health management, and safety protocols and the authorized physicians written directives.
- Participate in health and safety teaching of team members.
- Assist with transportation of team members emergency situations.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with workers to establish confidence and cooperation in health care provided.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with departmental staff, complex management, supervisory staff, local healthcare providers, and third part administrator (TPA).
- Include health and safety education in all areas of worker involvement.
- Assist managers and supervisors in identifying appropriate alternate or transitional duty job tasks, which meet team members’ abilities and medical restrictions.
- Frequently observe team members on alternate or transitional duty at their work stations while doing their restricted job tasks.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of poultry industry technology in relationship to health and safety.
- Conduct all functions within scope of quality care and utilization of cost containment measure.
- Maintain accurate recordkeeping according to OSHA regulations and Pilgrim’s policies.
- Maintain OSHA log.
- Comply with all requirements of Bloodborne Pathogen standard and company policy.
- Planning and implement health promotion activities for team member population.
- Promote the development of an appropriate image of the company's commitment for the protection of worker health.
- Conduct any additional work task assignments in a professional and effective manner.
- Conduct all assigned job tasks within legal, ethical and moral standards of care.
EXPECTATIONS – All Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- RN - Graduate of school of nursing accredited by the State Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Requires, active current license to practice as Occupational Health Professional.
- Experience in practice for at least three to five years following graduation or completion of nursing program.
- Prefer experience in emergency department or occupational health.
- Ability for effective written and oral communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Completed a Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation Course (CPR) within the previous year.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills.
- Physical Qualifications: Ability to walk through complex including any areas accessible by stairways. Ability to perform CPR including turning victim to appropriate position, kneeling on knees, giving respirations with protection shield or squeezing Ambu Bag, providing chest compressions as required for size of victim. Ability to lift, push, or pull up to 50 pounds. Ability to assist injured employee into wheelchair or onto stretcher. Ability for fine manipulation of hands and fingers. Visual and hearing acuity.