Job Title: Accounting Specialist
Key responsibilities are to work closely with operations and accounting management, to assure the maintenance of internal control procedures, standards, and compliance as it pertains to the Sarbanes Oxley Act and to insure adherence to generally accepted accounting principles.
RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Processing credits, debits, re-bills and researching invoices.
- Researching accounts for receivables, activity, payments, deductions, credits, write-offs. This includes maintaining all proper documentation is in order.
- Communicating with customers on payment and billing issues.
- Logging product returns and verify disposition of returns.
- Posting all deposits daily.
- Communication with Transportation partners on customer account issues especially COD accounts.
- Backing up for other areas and departments as needed.
- Other duties as required by management and supervision.
- 1-2 years clerical accounting experience preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Must be able to examine and verify financial documents and reports.
- Must be able to prepare a variety of reports and analyses.
- Knowledge of SAP or comparable ERP system, Excel and Microsoft.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, methods and equipment.
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles and practices.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma/GED; Associates Degree preferred.