Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide support for our Senior Executive Assistant, internal team members, and customers. This person will play a key role in the daily business activities. The schedule for this role will be Monday through Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm.
- Provides support for Senior Executive Assistant and team members.
- Provides administrative support by responding to team needs, researching and handling a wide variety of requests for information.
- Answers and screens telephone calls.
- Distributes mail and ensures mailbox labels are accurate.
- Orders office supplies, helps keep office clutter free by storing/organizing surplus items and cleaning out empty desks.
- Processes PO requests (both manually and in SAP).
- Maintains calendars. Organizes and schedules meetings and conference calls.
- Performs administrative support functions. Drafts and processes email correspondence. Maintains Excel spreadsheets; creates on occasion, charts, tables and presentations.
- Point-of-contact for new employee onboarding processes.
- Helps to execute details of customer visits.
- Assists with travel arrangements – air, lodging and rental cars.
- Prepares and submits expense reports.
- Handles confidential information in a professional manner.
- Be able to handle consistently changing situations with composure.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associate’s Degree or CPS/CPA certification preferred.
- Minimum 5 years or more previous experience as an administrative assistant in a dynamic environment.
- Must be skilled in MS Office with emphasis on Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and critical thinking skills a must, with the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and prioritize workload.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent phone and strong presentation skills.
- Ability to handle and coordinate multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to following direction and work independently in a structured environment. Know when and how to ask questions.
- Knowledge of SAP preferred.