LIVE OPERATIONS MANAGER
Live Operations Manager
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing guidelines are followed within our facility. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are available to all team members and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
Responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling production activities to ensure development and delivery of top quality birds for processing on a least-cost basis. Also directs all live haul, feed haul, and garage activities to ensure timely delivery of live birds for processing, the timely delivery of feed to growers, and the maintenance of vehicles and equipment in good working condition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages, directs, and coordinates the efforts of the live operations at a processing facility, including breeder production, broiler production, hatcheries, feed mills and nutrition to produce least-cost live broilers at the desired quantity and quality to meet broiler requirements of the organization.
• May also be responsible for establishing hatchery and breeder/broiler management programs and procedures to ensure overall production meets Complex and Division volume and cost objectives.
• Resolves conflict that may arise.
• Serves as primary liaison for processing operations including sales activities.
- SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include scheduling, supervision, and evaluation of work as a Manager (or equivalent) over Assistant Managers and/or Supervisors. Has approval authority of personnel actions such as hirings, terminations, and disciplinary actions.
Decisions are varied and may require solutions to be developed.
IMPACT OF DECISIONS:
Decisions will have a direct impact on the department or functional area.
Work is substantially complex and varied and requires the interpretation of technical and detailed guidelines, policies, and procedures in combination. Analytic ability is required to gather and interpret data to provide solutions after carefully analyzing several facts.
Solves problems, but decisions are varied based upon judgment for particular situation. The partner must apply theory and practical application to resolve problems.
FREEDOM OF ACTION:
Works under general direction from broad goals and policies only. May participate heavily in setting one's own objectives.
Internal communication is required on a daily basis with Professional or Supervisor level positions. Communication requires moderate tact and cooperation to convey basic facts (e.g., scheduling and/or coordinating two personal calendars, resolving problems, and/or obtaining necessary information).
External communication is required on a monthly basis with Professional or Supervisor level positions. Communication requires moderate tact and cooperation to convey basic facts (e.g., scheduling and/or coordinating two personal calendars, resolving problems, and/or obtaining necessary information).
Routine discomforts from exposure to moderate heat, cold, moisture/wetness, and unpleasant air conditions. May involve routine exposure to soiled materials and light chemical substances such as cleaning solutions.
EDUCATION: Typically requires a Bachelors degree in a related field.
-Typically requires a minimum of 7 years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience.
- Previous experience in the daily operations of Live Haul, Feed Haul, and Feed Mill, Breeder, and Broiler production including Hatchery experience preferred.
- Previous experience in Management and Supervisory duties preferred.
- Previous experience in the poultry or grow out operations preferred.
- Must possess working knowledge of the relationship between Live Operations and the Processing Plant.
- Computer skills to include a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, etc)