Regional Real Estate Leader
The Regional Real Estate Leader will be responsible for all aspects commercial retail leasing and acquisition to include broker/developer relationships, market assessment, site selection, LOI and lease negotiation, market analysis, and presentation to leadership team. Individual will need to develop a strong understanding of our business in order to ensure they acquire the correct sites. Individual should be a self-starter and have an entrepreneurial spirit!
- Skilled and experienced in all facets of retail acquisition, lease renewals, lease extensions and lease administration.
- Skills to include commercial / retail leasing, subleasing and license agreements. Highly organized, disciplined, and skilled in planning, tracking, evaluating and reporting on the performance of assigned activities.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of related functions to assist in the development of short and long-term real estate requirements.
- Skilled in negotiating complex retail real estate agreements and experience in managing large volume of transactions and critical dates.
- Prepare financial and sensitivity analysis & approvals for all proposed transactions, develop business justification and recommendations for RE Committee presentation to user groups and executive management team for approval. Ability to work with a wide variety of functions to assist in the development of short and long term retail real estate asset management requirements.
- Assist with the strategic planning for the retail stores, including financial analysis, market information, offering terms and conditions, contract review, and negotiations.
- Review and update retail real estate asset management best practices, forms, documents, and enhancements to the retail real estate database.
- Provide support to all internal teams and oversee lease requirements such as obtaining landlord consent, negotiating reinstatement requirements and collection of Tenant Improvement dollars, rent renegotiations.
- Manage current real estate assets by taking a proactive approach, anticipating lease renewals and terminations and all critical dates, lowering and auditing operating expenses, coordinating landlord approval of alterations & completing estoppel certificates and other required documentation.
- Maintain excellent relationships with internal customers, senior management, legal, tax, risk management, landlords, vendors, consultants, developers, and brokers.
- Administrative: Balance administrative tasks such as calendar management, travel arrangements, expense reports, and document control in a timely manner.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- We are looking for a highly motivated and proactive thinker who can think strategically and stay connected to our customers.
- The ideal candidate will possess a high level of integrity, creativity, initiative, accountability, communication and interpersonal skills, with a commitment to teamwork and excellence.
- Minimum 7+ years of work experience in Retail Real Estate/Asset Management or Retail or mixed use Real Estate/Property Management with detailed knowledge & experience in negotiating retail leases.
- Minimum of 5+ years managing external resources.
- Ability to interpret complex commercial leases.
- Excellent analytical, statistics or financial experience required.
- Excellent discipline, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Must be a self-starter who is comfortable working independently, remotely, with frequent travel.
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully under pressure and effectively manage time and workload
- Highly motivated and proactive thinker who can think strategically and also be detail-focused.
EOE/M/F/VET/DISABLED DRUG FREE WORK PLACE