Email Marketing Manager
Wild Fork is a rapidly growing omnichannel retail (bricks and mortar, ecommerce, home delivery) business in need of a strong leader who is passionate about driving a business with email marketing and customer segmentation. Currently, we sell through our ecommerce channel throughout the United States, operate 15 stores across seven cities, and plan to open 30 more within the next 12 months. This role is based at our HQ in Miami, FL (for perm) but with a hybrid home/office schedule. For a contractor, we are open to anywhere in the US with a preference for EST or CT zones.
In this role, you'll be responsible for leading the Wild Fork email marketing programs, a significant part of building the brand. The email marketing manager will work cross-functionally to lead strategy and execution of all email programs including campaign related, transactional flows, and segmented/targeted outreach. Collaboration, organization, and communication are key to success in the role.
We work in a fast-paced, retail business that occasionally requires quick turnarounds, so flexibility is critical for success in this position. In a retail business we plan many months ahead but often need to make quick adjustments to our plans based on sales results or opportunities in the marketplace. The ideal person likes to be organized and work ahead but is flexible enough to adjust as required. We are focused on building a best-in-class, nationally known brand, and you will have a significant role in helping us achieve that goal. This role is perfect for the person looking to make a big impact on a soon to be household name brand.
Email Marketing Role
- Full ownership of email marketing program: campaigns, transactional emails, regional programs, behavior-based flows, etc. We currently send at least one email per day in addition to the behavior & order triggered communication.
- Ownership of our SAP Customer Data Cloud (CDC) system and customer segmentation strategy, segment builds, and implementation.
- Build emails (working in concert with the rest of the marketing team) and coordinate cross-functionally to make sure margin goals and inventory levels are considered for products being featured. Content (copy, photography, video, etc) will be created by others on the marketing team and available for use from a brand digital asset library.
- Pull reports, analyze data, and watch performance to inform recommendations. Design & implement test & learn programs to continually improve the effectiveness of our email programs.
- Work to support key business goals (margin, revenue, average order value, etc) through strategic choices made with email program
- BA or BS, ideally in marketing, sales, or related fields required
- 3-5 years of marketing experience, leading or contributing to email marketing programs for a retail & ecommerce business
- Experience working with SAP Marketing Cloud, CDC, or similar, required
- Experience with Shopify desirable but not required
- Passion for cooking, ideally experience working on a food brand
- Best in class organization and collaboration skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Strong knowledge and comfort of the US consumer and understanding of different regional characteristics.
- Strength in analytics including designing and implementing test & learn email efforts