JBS began in 1953 as a small, family-owned company in Brazil. We have continued to steadily grow and are now the largest animal protein processor in the world. Though our business has grown, our family values remain our foundation. We seek to hire dedicated individuals who are committed to learning and share our desire to be the best. At JBS, our team members are our most important asset and feeding the world is our greatest goal. The Grand Island operation is a two-shift, beef-processing facility located in central Nebraska north of Interstate 80. JBS employs a total of 3,300 team members.
Grand Island has the capacity to process more than 1,400,000 cattle per year and currently exports to 20 different countries around the world including Japan, Hong Kong, Mexico, Korea, Canada, Singapore, China and Chile. Grand Island loaded out approximately 10,140,000 boxes of beef in 2012.
Investing in our people is a large part of the reason why success at JBS is so achievable. Working in operations gives you the opportunity to contribute to the very core of our business: producing the highest quality products for families around the globe. At the JBS operations facilities, we offer career growth opportunities for people with all kinds of interests and backgrounds who are interested in working in a fast-paced, hands-on environment. Additionally, opportunities abound for those who enjoy working within the production environment and are excited about both leading a team and ensuring we are producing a top quality, safe product for families across the globe.
JBS® values the people who make our company a success. We want to be sure our team members know just how much we appreciate their dedication by ensuring they love working with us. As part of our total compensation package, JBS® and offers comprehensive employee benefits designed to meet the healthcare and financial goals of our team members and their families today, tomorrow and in the future.
- This position ensures all aspects of the maintenance mechanic functions are performed in a safety and acceptable method.
- Performs preventative maintenance procedures on all equipment that is assigned by the maintenance supervisors/lead hand.
- Assist other areas of the plant when major problems occur.
- Hiring for Slaughter, Fabrication and Waste water.
- Completes all assigned tasks scheduled and unscheduled work as directed by supervisor
- Assist in the day to day operations of the maintenance department. Includes but is not limited to the assistance of all maintenance areas of the plant, insuring that all assigned areas of the maintenance department areas are being monitored and documented as required by safety, food safety, company policy, & procedures
- Fabrication, Slaughter, Material Handling, Rendering, E&E, B&E