GENERAL SUMMARY: Farm Hand
The farm hand will perform maintenance on irrigation rigs and farm equipment; operate heavy equipment to maintain the grounds, berms and farm; loadout sludge; perform weekly and monthly berm inspections including checks for seepage, vegetation control, erosion and pest control and perform general maintenance and general duties of the Environmental Department. General department safety must be top priority as well as conformance with JBS standards including standard operating procedures (SOPs). The farm hand must be able to work well as a team but also independently and must help drive best management practices (BMP) regarding environmental impacts and waste streams.
Work 40+ hours per week in outdoor environment, with ability to work on all shifts.
Regular exposure to extreme temperatures and other weather related aspects, loud noise, water treatment and chemicals, machinery and vehicles
- Valid driver’s license
- Mechanical skills
- Experience operating heavy equipment
- Knowledge of farm related practices
- Strong time management skills
- Comfortable working independently and as a team
- Attention to detail
- Wastewater treatment experience
- Environmental regulatory knowledge
- We are all management and a team and should be taking care of items as they are found. Do not report and expect someone else to fix. Fix yourself. If you need help fixing something, get with supervisor.
- Report all items fixed at the end of the day to supervisor.
- Look at all processes in wastewater and make sure items are taken care of. Do not report and expect someone else to fix.
- Slow down and pay attention
- Take a big picture approach