- Effectively manages assigned personnel, ensuring optimal performance.
- Leads through effective goal setting, communication, and coaching.
- Directs and assigns personnel, providing assistance as needed.
- Trains and advises employees on current daily needs. Leads personnel to improve performance and productivity.
- Evaluates, formulates, and implements employee corrective actions.
- Notify Production Management when problems arise.
- Maintain an open dialogue with assigned team.
- When approached with feedback and concerns resolve the problem in the most direct and positive way possible.
- Ensure all company policies are followed.
- Monitor and supervise all aspects of quality.
- Supervise personnel ensuring work standards are followed.
- Ensures product meets or exceeds quality incoming and outgoing product specification, agreed upon by the customers and suppliers.
- Works with customers and USDA to ensure labels meet regulatory requirements.
- Assures compliance with all company safety rules and GMPs.
- Ensures that random audits are performed on approved suppliers, verifying that the supplier is meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Assumes responsibility for quality and continuous improvement.
- Leads all third-party audits to include formal responses and corrective actions as required.
- Liaison between USDA and the production team.
- Ensure products are produced to customer specification and are defect free.
- Ensure that scale labels have all regulatory requirements set forth by USDA and the customer.
- Ensures technicians are trained on proper work standards, maintain all proper documentation and are in their assigned areas monitoring product or defects.
- Ensure that temperature checks are being performed on product.
- Perform plant audits and inspections as related to Quality of product and needs to produce a quality product.
- Provide assistance when necessary with product evaluations.
- Ensures all administrative tasks are completed timely and accurately.
- May assume other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Business, or related field preferred but not required. Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is highly desired.
- Certification Required: Safety, SQF training, GMP, HACCP, SOP, and Food Defense.
- Minimum of 5 years of Health and Safety experience required
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience in a plant environment required
- Strong computer skills including the ability to prepare spreadsheets and use Microsoft Office Products (Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, and/or Access) to analyze data and trends
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual Spanish (preferred)
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background check for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.