2023 Research & Development Trainee Program
JBS/ Pilgrim’s Research & Development Trainee Program
Our 6 or 12 month program is designed to give you an immersive hands-on experience at JBS corporate headquarters in Greeley, CO, at Swift Prepared Foods in Chicago, IL, or at Wild Fork Foods in Miami, FL. This program includes hands-on rotations throughout the different departments of Research and Development. It is designed to give you real-world experience and a thorough understanding of how each sector functions to support the overall improvement of our products. If you are passionate about leading and motivating others in a culturally diverse setting to make a sustainable agricultural impact on the global food supply– we are interested in you!
What You Do:
- Projects- Challenging goals with key performance indicators (KPI’s) that impact our bottom line. Your goals will tie directly into department/plant objectives such as product improvement, set product performance standards, and validate new improvement technologies.
- Final Placement- During your program, you will be able to interview and apply for full time positions in the area of your interest.
What is Your Day to Day:
- Rotations- You will spend time learning and working in every business sector of your location. These rotations are designed to give you hands-on knowledge of project management, tracking, executive reporting for all R&D improvement efforts and assist developers in continuous technical skill improvement.
- Responsibilities-Understanding key positions for R&D and efforts related yield improvement, ingredient cost, ingredients consolidation, other efficiency improvements related to food products.
- Innovation-seeking continuous improvements in operation processes and procedures.
- Mentor – Our trainees are assigned a mentor on the R&D team who can assist in answering questions and guide you through the training process.
What You Bring (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Alignment with JBS core values and culture
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to work different shifts and occasional weekends
- Flexibility to relocate
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $56,500-60,000
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.