DATA SCIENTIST MANAGER
Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are looking for a Data Science Manager who is passionate about unlocking the value of our data to provide data insights that inform and influence our product and business decisions. By managing a data science team and analyzing large internal and publicly available datasets, you will empower our business through the use of machine learning and artificial intelligence, enhance decision making and allow for insight driven collaboration.
- Leverage the optimum machine learning techniques for predictions in various Business Units such as Procurement, Sales, Marketing, Operations, etc. to enhance revenue and reduce costs.
- Design, develop, and implement end-to-end machine learning production pipelines (data exploration, data preprocessing, feature engineering, model building, and performance evaluation).
- Collaborate with data engineers and IT to implement robust production solutions.
- Communicate the findings to peers and executives through effective data visualizations techniques.
- Work with different business units across the company to understand their needs and help identify new opportunities.
- Build and maintain QlikSense reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor the performance of our products
- Build, lead, and coach data engineers & data scientists to deliver world-class products
- Research new technologies and methods across data science, data engineering, and data visualization to improve the technical capabilities of the team.
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Applied mathematics, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Statistics, Business Analytics or related fields.
- Three or more years of Data Science experience preferred.
- Highly proficient in Python, SQL, and cloud platforms (Microsoft Azure, AWS, or GCP).
- Solid technical and-on skills in machine learning (regression, classification, clustering, dimensionality reduction), deep learning (CNN, RNN/LSTM), time series data, optimization, anomaly detection, statistical algorithms, and data engineering.
- Proficient in Keras, Tensorflow, Scikit-learn and other machine learning libraries.
- SAP BI HANA knowledge and QlikSense reporting proficiency.
- Strong ability to use logic and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience with agile development methods.
- Experience in agricultural/meat/animal husbandry industries is a plus.