JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are looking for a Logistics Specialist to join our International Logistics team. The Logistics Specialist is responsible for logistics which includes coordination with steamship lines, Customs, USDA, inspection/warehouse locations, and trucking/dray companies. Extensive communication with customers to coordinate shipments and documentation required.
- Verify all customer instructions are complete and all necessary permits/ licenses are in place to meet country requirements
- Book steamship line carrier. Logistics coordinator is responsible for determining carrier based on rate, availability, and customer service provided
- Schedule appointments at warehouse facility according to production availability, facility costs, and free days/storage given
- Coordinate delivers of full and partial truckloads to trans-load facilities. Decisions will be based off of facility costs, port congestion, and steamship line rate
- Book inland trucking/dray carrier and dispatch. Logistics coordinator determines carrier to book based on rate, availability and on-time performance
- Requests credit approval on shipment, confirms load details in transportation system/s, and then releases orders to the inspection facility
- File shipment on Automated Export System (AES) for government requirements
- Monitor containers throughout inland and ocean voyages. Confirms customs clearance with Customers upon arrival
- Stay current on the constantly changing government requirements of international business/markets.
- Responsible for daily crisis-management and rescheduling shipments if needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field or 3 years import/export logistic experience
- Strong organizational skills and acute attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in scheduling and planning a plus
- Intermediate to advance skills in Excel REQUIRED
- Ability to work independently to know when to ask questions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills required
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $45,000 - $50,000; and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.