BROILER SERVICE BIRD WEIGHING
Broiler Coordinator, Concentration: Bird Weighing
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
Summary:Pilgrim's Pride is seeking a Broiler Coordinator II for our Live Operations in Canton, GA. This person acts as the liaison between the company and the growers to ensure that good poultry management is followed.
The individual in this role will be responsible for weighing birds prior to being caught during the week so that we can meet the customer requirement. Failure to meet this requirement will result in the potential loss of product volume per the customer. The process of weighing the birds will ensure that we stay within the guidelines of the customer.
• Weigh birds prior to catch date
• Keep accurate records on bird weight
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be self motivated and able to work independently without constant supervision
• Ability to identify and solve problems• Experience in poultry industry preferred
• Must be able to work in hot and cold conditions
• Must have strong time management skills
• Must have good communication skills in both verbal and written form
• Some computer skills required
• Must no have allergies to chickens, feathers, dust or ammonia
• Must not own or come in contact with any poultry or fowl
Education:Associate’s Degree; or combination of education and work experience