HUMAN RESOURCES SUPERVISOR
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing guidelines are followed within our facility. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are available to all team members and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
This position will supervise and coordinate activities of professional level and administrative support employees engaged in employee relations, compensation, benefits, training, employment, labor relations, affirmative action and employment equity programs, and/or personnel research.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises the day-to-day administration of personnel policies and practices at assigned location.
- Oversees and assigns employee training and orientation programs.
- Oversees the administration of compensation and benefits programs at the location to ensure these programs are in line with corporate programs.
- Recommends program changes or enhancements to meet human resource requirements.
- Submits budget recommendations for personnel operations.
- Coordinates the delivery of effective affirmative action, and other employee relations programs.
- Assists with the preparation of separation notices for employees separating with cause and may conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- May represent company at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- May support and assist in collective bargaining negotiations and administer contract provisions at the location.
- Complete additional tasks as directed by HR Manager.
- Must have proficient computer skills such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.). SAP experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication and oral presentation skills.
- Must demonstrate good leadership skills.
- Must have good technical reading and writing skills.
- Must become well versed in customers' quality programs in short period of time.
- Must be dependable and prompt with strong integrity and work ethic.
- Self-motivated, flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment; able to work well with others.
CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO:
- Limited travel, with overnight stays of 1-4 days.
- Must be able to work varying days (including weekends) and shifts.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in manner so that their work is done efficiently and cooperatively with coworkers and leadership teams.
EDUCATION: Typically requires a Bachelors degree in a related field; however, additional related work experience will be considered in lieu of the education requirement.
EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
Must be able to work additional hours/weekends as needed.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.