SENIOR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
SENIOR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
We are looking for a JBS Senior Database Administration to install, configure, and maintain development, test and production databases. This role will be based at our corporate office in Greeley, CO.
- Install, configure, and maintain development, test and production databases
- Experience managing high availability like SQL Server Always On – Availability Groups, Mirroring and Replication
- Ability to handle database maintenance and regular monitoring, scheduled tasks, and backup and recovery whenever required
- Ability to configure and trouble shoot issues on Always On Technologies - Mirroring, Replication, Log Shipping and Availability groups
- Familiarity with Windows Failover clusters
- Maintain security policies at database level and instance level.
- Scheduled and perform different backups based on business need.
- Manage backups at enterprise level backup tools such as CommVault, Tivoli
- Perform refreshes from PROD to DEV and UAT systems.
- Configure and schedule maintenance jobs.
- Setup SQL Agent alerts for DB Level and OS level.
- Good knowledge on PowerShell scripts and SSRS reports
- Documentation creation for problem resolution, daily maintenance, backup and recovery, and configuration management.
- Research/discover tools/software solutions for maintenance/support purposes.
- Follow industry standards and recommends system enhancements.
- Provide production support for deployed systems.
- Sound knowledge of performance tuning SQL Statements
- Analyze performance issue generate traces and understand the explain/query plan
- SQL server complete administration jobs, Linked Servers, Logs review, database refreshes, moving databases between servers, user’s setup
- On-call rotation required
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of SQL Server and Oracle Administration
- MS SQL Server 2008R2,2012,2014,2016,2017 & 2019
- Oracle 10g, 11g 12c
- Maintain the security policies in user level, Server level
- Experience with database migration and upgrade activities
- Scheduled and perform the different backups based on environment
- Perform the refreshes from PROD to DEV and UAT systems
- Oracle database monitoring
- Oracle database refreshes
- Configure and schedule the regular maintenance jobs
- Setup the alerts for DB Level and OS level
- Basic knowledge on performance tuning
- Troubleshoot PowerShell scripts
- Good understanding on windows operating system and domain concepts
- Basic shell scripting knowledge
- Familiarity with Azure and cloud systems
- Knowledge of performance tuning
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $75,000-$100,000; and
- Incentive Pay: This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, JBS and Pilgrim’s is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Those who have, at minimum, the first of a two-dose vaccine in advance of their first date of employment will be required as a condition of continuing employment to receive the second dose within the manufacturers recommend timeframe and submit proof of their final vaccination dose once obtained. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
About us: JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Our mission: To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our core values are: Availability, Determination, Discipline, Humility, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity