Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Pilgrim’s is searching for a Corporate Accountant to join our team.
- Prepare corporate journal entries and account reconciliations in a large, complex and fast-paced organization (prepaid expenses, expense allocations, intercompany balancing, etc.)
- Month-end ledger closing process
- Data accumulation/analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts to ensure timely financial reporting
- Review subsidiary trial balances and other financial reporting schedules and consolidate with parent
- Preparation of quarterly financial statements and disclosure requirements
- Assist with quarterly reviews and audits
- Assist with preparation of IFRS financial statements
- Assist with monthly and quarterly external reporting, including government filings
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in Accounting preferred
- 3-4 years in combined experience from public accounting and industry preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact with various levels of management (plant personnel, corporate, executive management, investment banking community, brokers, treasury, etc.) and external auditors
- General ledger knowledge in consolidation accounting including eliminations and foreign currency translation – SAP experience a plus
- Strong US GAAP reporting knowledge, including financial statement preparation and review
- IFRS reporting knowledge a plus
- Excellent time management skills
- Quick learner and able to complete responsibilities independently with proper training
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): eligible after 90 days of employment including company match which begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $70,000-$80,000; and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.