HR RECRUITER - Temporary Position
POSITION SUMMARY: The HR Recruiter is responsible for providing HR support services to all team members. This person will efficiently and effectively fill open positions in hourly plant staffing through the recruiting as well as onboarding processes.
SAFETY IS A CONDITION:
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member workstations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Provide top-notch HR service to all team members by providing accurate and timely information related to their employment.
- Build effective relationships with all team members through respect, integrity, and caring for each one holistically.
- Builds applicant sources by researching and partnering with community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites, etc.
- Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Attracts applicants by utilizing various sources of media and networking. Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Posts openings and tracks applicants using spreadsheets and SharePoint.
- Maintain knowledge of all plant operational movement and changes and proactively focus on maintaining full staffing levels at all times.
- Performs routine and general administrative work and multiple variations of team member-centered tasks and projects.
- Actively engaged in team member relations and needs assessments.
- Promotes company as best place to work providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport.
- Source a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
- Comply with related federal and state regulations and laws, and company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as required
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required, higher level education preferred
- 1-2 years recruiting/HR experience is preferred
- Bilingual in Somali and English is highly preferred
- Must have a customer-service orientation; excellent communications skills including verbal, written and listening; excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively and establish cooperative working relationships with people at all levels of the organization
- Must have proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Ideal candidate will have high energy, be adaptable to change, and enjoy fast work pace
- Must be willing to work with diverse work groups, cultures and appreciate and promote inclusion
- Additional required skills and abilities include telephone skills, interviewing, professionalism, organization, project management, creativity, innovation, and confidentiality.
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.