PILGRIM'S COMPLEX UTILITY MAINTENANCE WORKER - PART TIME/TEMPORARY
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Responsible for performing light repair, construction and maintenance to all Welfare Areas – bathrooms, locker rooms, lunchrooms, parking lots, conference rooms, etc. – will include demolition, finishing, painting, cleaning, small construction projects, minor electrical and carpentry etc.
- Assist with upkeep of the company grounds—weeding, parking lot maintenance, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Skill and ability to perform light maintenance duties
- Knowledge of using tools – team member will need to provide own tools
- Skill in painting
- Some electrical knowledge
- Ability to work independently and use good judgement