LIVE OPERATIONS LEADERSHIP TRAINEE
Pilgrim’s is a leading global provider of high-quality food products, including well-recognized brands and value-added premium products. As one of the world’s largest poultry producers, Pilgrim’s has provided wholesome, quality products to customers and consumers for more than seven decades. It is our passion for excellence that continues to drive us to be the best, and we seek opportunities to diversify and grow.
Pilgrim’s Arcadia Location
While Pilgrim’s is a global company, we offer a hometown feel within our complex located in Arcadia, WI. Pilgrim’s works with 150 local growers. We employ approximately 500 team members at our complex. We give you the tools you need to discover your perfect career match, and the freedom and support to take your career to the next level. It is our goal to be your employer of choice and provide you with the opportunity for a better future!
Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our team as a Live Operations Leadership Trainee. Join our Flock!
- Benefits at 60 days of employment, 401K contributions on day 1 of employment
- 70% off quality Pilgrim’s poultry products
- Training provided with a trainer/mentor
- Advancement opportunities
- Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
- Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program or Management Trainee Program
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. This includes increased safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as enhanced cleaning and sanitation, face coverings, temperature screens and plexi-glass or plastic barriers. We are also working to secure vaccine availability for our Team Members.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Leadership Trainee will participate in cross functional projects under the guidance of a designated mentor to develop people for supervisory/managerial positions within the company. Participants will be involved in cross training activities to develop their vision and understanding of corporate and processing procedures and goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
Coordinate projects as designated by mentor to increase understanding of company operations and corporate processes or to improve a process or procedure. May involve committee participation and exposure to areas outside of the Live Operations environment.
Develop supervisory skills through participation in educational opportunities such as seminars, Leadership Training Program(s) and other ongoing training events
Develop understanding of financial & cost accounting reports and how areas may impact numbers positively or negatively and provide solutions
Works with all Live Operations Departments including, Hatchery, Feed Mill, Breeders/Pullets, Live Haul, Grow‐out, Service personnel, Parts Department and Growers.
Expand knowledge of processes and procedures throughout Live Operations.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
· Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
· Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
· Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma.
· Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· 4-year degree in Agriculture, Ag Business, Animal Science, Economics or Business Management is preferred.
· An Associate’s Degree is required.
· 1-3 years of previous Agriculture related experience is helpful.
· Intermediate computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
· Very good analytical skills.
· Very good project management skills.
· Very good communication (oral and written) skills.
· Ability to work across functions and build a team relationship within the company