OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH -EMT/PARAMEDIC/LPN/RN
LOCATION: OTTUMWA, IA
JOB TITLE: OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH - EMT/PARAMEDIC/LPN/RN
REPORTS TO: OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH MANAGER
HOURS: (FLEXIBLE AS NEEDED)
Respond to the scene of medical emergencies occurring on company property and administer first aid and/or medical assistance. Advise injured and ill personnel concerning additional medical treatment; able to dispense non-prescription medication. Safely dispose hazardous materials, such as bandages, needles, etc. Maintain an adequate inventory of appropriate medical supplies and take action to obtain new or replace old medical emergency equipment. Perform audiometric testing, establish baseline data and perform annual follow-up testing. Assist with the hearing conservation program; ensure that protective equipment is appropriate and properly used. Prepare accident reports in coordination with the supervisors and maintain records of all personnel treated. Maintain OSHA records concerning reportable illnesses and injuries. Perform pre-employment health and drug screen. Review physician reports on employee’s health, workers’ compensation insurance claims, medical restrictions on employee’s work and the policies and procedures of the medical department.
· CPR Certification
· CAOHC hearing conservation training preferred.
· Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records.
· Perform screening examinations including vision, audiometry and spirometry.
· Refer abnormal and questionable findings to the occupational health manager.
· Assist with obtaining health history and referring to appropriate individual as needed.
· Work 40+ hours per week, including Saturdays
· Maintain a nursing recordkeeping system that meets legal requirements.
· Assure confidentiality
· Bi-lingual speaking preferred.
· Comfortable and effective in medical emergency situations
· Familiar with musculoskeletal disorders and treatment of such disorders.
· Flexible to work different hours and shifts as needed.
· Be able to react effectively in medical emergency situations.
Education Requirements (if applicable)
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· State issued EMT/LPN/RN License is required.
· 1 year of experience in an emergency room, occupational health clinic, or other ambulatory care clinic preferred but not required.
JBS offers a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
JBS is an equal opportunity employer.