Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Tupelo, MS
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Nearly 150 years ago, Gustavus Swift founded Swift & Company. He was a true pioneer whose passion and innovative spirit transformed the meat industry. This commitment to transformation mirrors that of Swift Prepared Foods today. Swift Prepared Foods (formerly Plumrose USA) is the prepared foods arm of JBS USA, one of the world’s largest meat companies. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
To review invoices, maintain and update database in excel, data entry and processing requisitions.
- Process purchase order requisitions for all of Tupelo (Warehouse, Office, and Traffic)
- Handle ordering office supplies
- Maintain supply closets
- Verifies all packages received at front desk (UPS, Vendors i.e. Grainger)
- Process ALL fuel purchases for TUP, enter invoice in SAP for payment. Scan & save invoice for ‘image’ be sure to ‘fill & sign’ w/PO #
- Entered invoice detail into A1
- Enter and update data in Master (sequel) report, using vendor invoices
- Research missing invoices for the Master (sequel) report
- Maintain vendor files
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Accounting or Bookkeeping Experience
- Basic Mathematical Skills
- High School Diploma
- Experience in SAP
- Corporate working environment.
- Food Manufacturing Operations environment
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Swift Prepared Foods is an equal opportunity employer.