RETAIL SALES DIRECTOR
At Planterra Foods, we believe our planet is filled with delicious ideas. Leveraging the resources of our investor, JBS USA Food Company, we aspire to change the future of protein by giving people more flavorful, plant-based choices. Our goal is to delight people from vegans to flexitarians to meat-eaters by giving them more delicious plant-based protein choices, like our first brand OZO™.
We are seeking Sales Directors responsible for achieving growth goals against established KPI’s within a defined geographic region. Sales Directors also assist with completing sales initiatives with multiple retail customers, as needed to achieve organizational goals. The Director will provide sales leadership and direction to assigned broker partners while driving sales with distributors and operators.
This position will cover be based in and cover territory in West Region based from our Corporate Office in Lafayette, CO.
- Function as a sales expert for Planterra Foods
- Deliver growth to region by managing key retail accounts across customer segments
- Collaborate and coordinate with key Brokers, to achieve retail sales growth targets within region
- Achieve budgeted sales objectives
- Manage and maintain pipeline integrity within Planterra Foods portfolio
- Review analytics and conduct regular meetings with key market personnel to measure results and adjust strategy
- Negotiate program agreements for assigned Distributors and Retailers as necessary
- Plan, schedule, develop, and execute sales meetings and new product introductions with Broker, Distributors and retail customers
- Support regional business development activities including food shows, sales meetings and trade shows
- Regular collaboration with Leadership to develop regional strategies and execute national initiatives
- Introduce and successfully gain distribution with new products and implement supporting programs
- Effectively manage trade dollars at a regional level to support growth initiatives with key Customers and Distributors
- Stay abreast of marketplace needs and changes to include competitive activities and report information back to senior management
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Must be able to travel 50%+
- 5+ years' experience in retail sales (value-added preferred)
- Natural food products and/or plant based food products experience will be given preference
- Ability to represent Planterra and effectively sell our brand and corporate mission
- Proven negotiation skills
- Basic computer skills-Microsoft Office
- Collaborative/Accountable/Results driven/ Detail Oriented
- Team Player
- Ability to multi-task
- Analytical and process oriented
- Able and willing to communicate effectively
- Desire to win!
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and holidays
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $135,000-150,000
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug (including THC), alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.