Position Title: Automation & Technology Engineer
Location: Greeley, CO Value Added Plant
Purpose & Scope:
JBS USA, the World’s leading protein producer, is currently seeking a valuable Automation Engineer to join our Value Added team in Greeley, CO! At JBS our mission is to be the best in all that we do, providing superior products and services to our customers and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members. Value Added focuses on the highest quality product, keeping processes simple, and building a culture our team members can thrive in! Our team is the foundation of our company, so we work every day to empower them to achieve great heights.
As an hourly production team member you will have the opportunity to work with other departments, learn different areas of production, grow your career and experience something new almost every day! Apply online today!
Automation & Technology Engineer will design, build, install, and commissions electronic and PLC systems within the plant and ensures the optimization of them. They will also responsible for daily support of all plant electrical systems and equipment.
- Coordinates and oversees: Scale checks to ensure plant pay scales are within weight calibration specifications, Preventative Maintenance on scales, trolley readers, printers and alarms to ensure they are in working order and problems are caught before they cause downtime, Reactive Maintenance on Automated Systems and Instrumentation (basic troubleshooting, changing parts, follow-up to ensure problem is resolved & basic modifications to equipment to improve performance).
- Manage team members and lead them to maximize plant uptime with timely installation and repairs.
- Ensure startup of the facility’s Automated and electrical equipment.
- Assign equipment specific job assignments that support plant goals and overall success.
- Provide expertise in the areas of automation, electrical, and instrumentation for all projects based on current best practices using approved components and standards.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (especially Word, Outlook, and Excel)
- Fundamental understanding of National Electric Code, NFPA 70, and NFPA 70E and their application
- Fundamental understanding of industrial electrical systems from 24VDC to 4160VAC
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics including one-line drawings.
- Understanding of process instrumentation ranging from pressure, temperature, level, flow, pH, conductivity, vibration, etc.
Ladder logic programming, function block programming for plc’s
Basic sql knowledge
SCADA (not required but would be good to know)
Factorytalk HMI programming
managing all machinery from an automation and physical control perspective
- Other Duties Assigned
- Good interpersonal relations; ability to handle conflict.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead a group
- Manage individual employee objectives as well as team performance and building a team approach to problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills
Education: Minimum high school diploma or equivalency required
Experience: 1-2 years previous supervisor experience in a production environment; Previous experience in food manufacturing preferred
Technical knowledge of plant electrical/electronic systems.
- Fast paced environment
- Exposure to various chemicals, machinery, and knives
- Slippery floors, extreme temperatures and loud noises
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Schedule M-F and weekends when needed
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $80-100k
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background check for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.EOE/Vet/Disabled