IT INTERNAL AUDITOR
Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
- Responsible for the verification and audit of Information Technology General Controls (ITGCs) and application controls; documentation and issuance of management reports on the design and effectiveness of controls across the enterprise.
- Coordinate with IT governance team to develop solutions to address IT control deficiencies, and monitoring of related action plans
- Provide guidance to Information Technology groups as it relates to control interpretation, applicability and practice.
- Participate in IT control walkthrough’s to determine necessary/applicable modifications.
- Participate in the development and performance of the IT audit plan; work as an integrated team with the other I/A team members when performing joint financial/IT reviews
- Perform special projects as needed
Our departmental mission is to be viewed as a trusted business advisor, adding value and helping the organization meet its strategic objectives. As an IT Internal Auditor in our department, you must represent our company well by being professional, responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Most importantly you must be a team player and be able to work effectively with members throughout the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field (i.e. Computer Science, Information Systems, Accounting)
- Preferred to have knowledge about US-SOX regulations
- Preferred to have understanding of multiple technology domains including software development, Windows, database management, networking
- Understanding of information security standards, best practices for securing computer systems, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Take ownership and accountability for the IT General Controls and Application Controls Testing
- Assist in the development of a combined assurance approach and work with, and co-ordinate work with external audit, when required
- The ability to understand how project deliverables impact the big picture.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team in a cohesive and collaborative manor.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Strong report and presentation writing skills.
- Ability to present complex ideas and concepts to all levels of management.
- Related certifications such as CISA, CISM, CPA/CA are strongly preferred, but not required.
- Experience in authoring or working with Information Security policies and standards.