PILOT PLANT TECHNICIAN
Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
- Operate in a USDA inspected facility following all the rules and regulations associated with this requirement.
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions to mix/blend formulations for sample production.
- Setup, operate and breakdown pilot plant equipment for the purpose of making samples, equipment clean up and completing equipment maintenance.
- Assist in sample production, daily paper work, out going shipping and incoming receiving.
- Collect data on raw materials and finished products to be reported back to the project manager.
- Responsible for maintaining the pilot plant in a clean and organized state.
- Plus additional tasks deemed necessary by the Lab Supervisor.
- Prior experience in a professional kitchen or other culinary environment (food processing) required.
- Prior food safety experience a plus.
- Basic office experience a plus.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Strong food safety background through experience with a facility under USDA, FDA, Local health department or through other training.
- High work ethic, dependable, and be able to work without close supervision.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to handle physical activity which includes the following: lift minimum 50 lbs. and stand on your feet for long periods of time (4-6) hrs.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Mechanical and computer skills are required.
- High school diploma or equivalent a must, college credits a plus, associate or bachelor’s degree preferred.