SR ASSOCIATE MARKETING MANAGER - CONSUMER INNOVATION
Purpose and Scope/General Summary: This innovation marketing position focuses on building brands via innovation within the Prepared Foods - Retail business unit. You will be part of the Research & Development & Innovation (R&D&I) department, delivering products grounded in consumer insights while advancing the Company’s branded product portfolio; facilitating the "Right to Win” across a rolling 3-year timeframe. You will be responsible for the product management and commercialization of a portfolio of concepts within the Innovation Pipeline in balance with meeting the key performance indicators (KPIs) of the Prepared Foods business unit. Your playing field in this position is new product development in combination with product renovation. By following an end-to-end project management process throughout a product’s life cycle (conceptualization to commercialization to post-launch), you will collaborate, lead, and influence cross-functionally by working closely with Category Marketing, R&D, Regulatory & Nutrition, Culinary, Sensory Science, Brand and Commerce Activation Marketing, Sales, Operations, Procurement, and Supply Chain team members.
- Delivers a compelling mix of branded consumer products across flavor, format, and package rooted in consumer-validated insights
- Executes annual innovation plans in partnership with Sales, R&D, and Business Unit (BU) Leadership
- Assesses industry, customer, and consumer trends to stay abreast of competitive landscape and to identify opportunity gaps in the market
- Leads cross-functional teams to develop, commercialize, and launch concepts in the Innovation Pipeline using the Stage-Gate process, ensuring flawless execution in balance of demanding and tight timelines
- Manages assigned new product development projects from Market Landscape Assessment through Commercialization and Post Launch Optimization stages
- Provides support in the tracking and reporting against innovation goals and objectives (KPIs) back into the broader organization
- Collaborates with Consumer Insights and Category Analytics along with research vendors/partners to design and to execute market research studies; uncovers meaningful insights and implications
- Navigates the organization to assess feasibility of ideas, including partnering with category and brand and commerce teams to ensure financial viability and supply chain as part of manufacturing capabilities
- Collaborates with the greater Innovation Team, serving as central point of project communication to key cross-functional stakeholders
- Creates and qualifies concepts to align with brand plans, innovation platforms, and business priorities
- Partners with Sales and Brand and Commerce Activation Marketing to help “sell in” innovations to key customers
- Provides insights & presentations to senior leaders, when required
- Other duties as assigned
- 5-6 years of progressive related marketing or business management experience (retail food or CPG preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Ability to travel (25%)
- Entrepreneurial accountability to drive projects forward in a disciplined approach with an attention and love for details
- Excellent determination evidenced by strategic thinking, collaboration, problem solving, teaming, and project execution skills
- Keen strategic thinking, collaboration, problem solving, teaming, and project execution skills
- Experience in business case development
- Excellent communication & presentation skills—verbal and written
- Strong negotiation skills
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Knowledge and experience in Stage-Gate management
- Experience in business case development and quantitative analytical skills
- Passion for food (Chicken preferred)
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): eligible after 90 days of employment including company match which begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $83,000 - $93,000; and
- Incentive Pay: This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, JBS and Pilgrim’s is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Those who have, at minimum, the first of a two-dose vaccine in advance of their first date of employment will be required as a condition of continuing employment to receive the second dose within the manufacturers recommend timeframe and submit proof of their final vaccination dose once obtained. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
About us: Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Our mission: To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our core values are: Availability, Determination, Discipline, Humility, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity