Waste Water Manager
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
This position is responsible for the day to day operations of the Wastewater Treatment Facility and the Drinking Water Plant. This will include the training and supervision of staff, maintenance of facility, housekeeping, safety and all regulatory compliance of the building, grounds and treatment facility. Gather and submit all samples in compliance with EPA Regulations. Ensure that all documentation is in place and kept up to date per Pilgrim's Pride Policy and Local, State and Federal Agencies. (“A” class operator).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage Wastewater Department
- Supervise Wastewater personnel
- Perform tests as required to treat water properly
- Train personnel in best practices for keeping water in compliance with City and State requirements
- Keep accurate records and ensure all documentation is kept up to date and accurate
- Take and submit water samples as required
- Make sure all safety rules and requirements are followed
- Supervise cleaning and maintenance of wastewater and offal departments
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Typically requires an Associates Degree or completion of Vocational/Technical specialty certification/licensure program in related field. Bachelors Degree preferred.
“A” class operator
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience. DIRECTLY RELATED work experience will be accepted on a year-for-year basis in lieu of the educational requirement.
- Proven management skills.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong knowledge of applicable compliance requirements and state and federal (EPA) regulations.
- Must possess a minimum Class III Waste Water License or have the ability to obtain an appropriate State Certified license within twelve months of employment.
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply.