PILGRIM'S LIVE OPERATIONS MANAGER
Live Operations Manager
Pilgrim’s is a leading global provider of high-quality food products, including well-recognized brands and value-added premium products. As one of the world’s largest poultry producers, Pilgrim’s has provided wholesome, quality products to customers and consumers. It’s our passion for excellence that continues to drive us to be the best, and take pride in giving our team members opportunity to grow.
Pilgrim’s Arcadia Location
While Pilgrim’s is a global company we offer a hometown feel within our complex located in Arcadia, WI. Pilgrim’s works with 150 local growers. We employ approximately 500 team members at our complex. We give you the tools you need to discover your perfect career match, and the freedom and support to take your career to the next level. It is our goal to be your employer of choice and provide you with the opportunity for a better future for you and your family!
Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our Live Operations Management Team!
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
Responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling production activities to ensure development and delivery of top quality birds for processing on a least-cost basis. Also directs all live haul, feed haul, and garage activities to ensure timely delivery of live birds for processing, the timely delivery of feed to growers, and the maintenance of vehicles and equipment in good working condition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages, directs, and coordinates the efforts of the live operations at a processing facility, including breeder production, broiler production, hatcheries, feed mills and nutrition to produce least-cost live broilers at the desired quantity and quality to meet broiler requirements of the organization.
• May also be responsible for establishing hatchery and breeder/broiler management programs and procedures to ensure overall production meets Complex and Division volume and cost objectives.
• Resolves conflict that may arise.
• Serves as primary liaison for processing operations including sales activities.
Duties include scheduling, supervision, and evaluation of work as a Manager (or equivalent) over Assistant Managers and/or Supervisors. Has approval authority of personnel actions such as hirings, terminations, and disciplinary actions.
Decisions are varied and may require solutions to be developed.
IMPACT OF DECISIONS:
Decisions will have a direct impact on the department or functional area.
Work is substantially complex and varied and requires the interpretation of technical and detailed guidelines, policies, and procedures in combination. Analytic ability is required to gather and interpret data to provide solutions after carefully analyzing several facts.
Solves problems, but decisions are varied based upon judgment for particular situation. The partner must apply theory and practical application to resolve problems.
FREEDOM OF ACTION:
Works under general direction from broad goals and policies only. May participate heavily in setting one's own objectives.
Internal communication is required on a daily basis with Professional or Supervisor level positions. Communication requires moderate tact and cooperation to convey basic facts (e.g., scheduling and/or coordinating two personal calendars, resolving problems, and/or obtaining necessary information).
External communication is required on a monthly basis with Professional or Supervisor level positions. Communication requires moderate tact and cooperation to convey basic facts (e.g., scheduling and/or coordinating two personal calendars, resolving problems, and/or obtaining necessary information).
Routine discomforts from exposure to moderate heat, cold, moisture/wetness, and unpleasant air conditions. May involve routine exposure to soiled materials and light chemical substances such as cleaning solutions.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
EDUCATION: Typically requires a Bachelors degree in a related field.
EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a minimum of 7 years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience.
- Previous experience in the daily operations of Live Haul, Feed Haul, and Feed Mill, Breeder, and Broiler production including Hatchery experience preferred.
- Previous experience in Management and Supervisory duties preferred.
- Previous experience in the poultry or grow out operations preferred.
- Must possess working knowledge of the relationship between Live Operations and the Processing Plant.
- Computer skills to include a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, etc)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by partners assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.