- Develops and implements the preventative maintenance program.
- Monitors the performance of the maintenance department and provides coaching and correction when necessary.
- Enforces safe work practices in the maintenance department.
- Assures that new maintenance employees are properly trained by working with the manager and supervisors to establish a comprehensive training schedule.
- Makes sure the maintenance department is submitting boiler and fire protection reports appropriately, as required.
- Documents and investigates all accidents within the maintenance department.
- Mentors the maintenance manager and ensures that person has all the tools and contacts necessary to expedite equipment repairs and work assignments.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or related field required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in engineering/maintenance management capacity in a manufacturing environment.
- 3 years’ experience in a food processing/manufacturing plant.
SKLLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to read electrical diagrams, have good electrical skills.
- Familiar with OSHA regulations, AIB standards
- Management, strong leadership, computer and communication skills
- Exposure to Quality Systems/Lean Manufacturing preferred.
- Strong computer skills
- SAP knowledge preferred.
EOE/M/F/VET/DISABLED DRUG FREE WORK PLACE