ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Calculate the amount of each ingredient to be mixed in accordance with pounds and fat percentage for each lot, following prescribed recipes.
- Monitors the mixing process to insure proper quality, adjusting the equipment as necessary to exceed quallity specifications and maintains efficiencies.
- Performs machine set-up at the start of the shift, or breaks equipment down at the end of the shift. Makes minor repairs as needed.
- Monitors and records temperatures of incomin and outgoing product by batch and loads.
- Packages product in accordance with company standards and customer orders.
- Transports ingredients from storage to production area. After packaging is completed, transports to finished product storage area.
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly fashion.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and speak English
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math skills including: addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and percentage calculations
- Ability to pass a Prove It test
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to endure prolonged standing
- Valid forklift license or ability to obtain a license
- Basic mechanical aptitude and ability
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.