DRIVER MANAGER - RENDERING
The applicant must possess strong management capabilities that enable managing multiple areas, listed below, and coordinate training efforts to encourage consistency, accuracy, and safety.
Strong people skills enabling communication with both management and drivers. Ability to develop, coach, and counsel drivers to reward success and correct areas for development.
Has a class A-CDL driving license with Tanker Endorsement
- Management and oversight of all raw material driver-related job functions including but not limited to: operations, safety, compliance, benefit time, employee relations, customer service claims, and breakdowns.
- Maintain effective communication with routing, scheduling, and customer service representatives to ensure route efficiency and completion.
- Manage coordination with maintenance to ensure completion of preventative maintenance and repairs to trucks within the fleet based on driver feedback and/or concerns.
- Assist as needed with respect to HR-led initiatives, including but not limited to: submitting documents to payroll, issuance of disciplinary action, and general communication between driver and management.
- Administer daily and weekly business-related reporting.
- Additional duties may be assigned depending on the needs of the business.
- Participate in post-accident, injury, and spill investigations as requested.
- Participate in Accident Review Committee.
- Coordinate and participate in training.
- Evaluate customer location and container areas of concern and make recommendations for service and/or improvement.
- Coverage for Finished and Raw Dispatch in their absence.
- General experience in the trucking industry
- Basic knowledge of Word/Excel and general computer software
- Experience working in PeopleNet is beneficial
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both verbal and written
- Strong understanding of FMCSA Hours of Service and Compliance
- Strong time management skills with ability to prioritize effectively
- A proven leader and team player, dependable, consistent, and reliable