This position oversees the nightly sanitation process. The supervisor is responsible for ensuring that JBS policies and procedures are being followed during the sanitation process which includes but is not limited to, employee safety, identifying and documenting sanitation and plant opportunities, monitor the sanitation process to ensure the proper application of cleaning procedures are being applied, verify documentation and dilution of cleaners and sanitizers, help with preparing the plant for pre-operational inspection and if needed help with pre-operational inspection process. The supervisor will also inspect / walk through different areas of the plant to identify repairs needed by maintenance or outside contractors and complete the appropriate paperwork as needed to generate a work order. This position will interact and work with multiple department leaders on specific issues pertaining to department. Complete appropriate end of shift paperwork.
- Monitors the sanitation process, reports opportunities and operational issues through the completion of the daily nightly log and emails
- Ensures that JBS and government policies are being followed.
- Complete a walkthrough of plant to identify areas of opportunity and notify appropriate individuals through email or work orders
- Serves /acts as a liaison between sanitation management, plant departments and government regulatory organizations.
- Interact and work with different departmental leaders
- Verify that chemical dilutions are correct either through visual monitoring or the process of titration
- Manage the weekly master sanitation schedule. Ensure all tasks are completed and documented. Document and ensure corrective actions are in place for items not serviced.
- Visually verify required documents no less than one time a week to ensure sanitation contractor is audit ready.
- Verify staffing numbers by area
- Conducts daily / after shift meetings as needed to review opportunities, concerns and improvements for sanitation shift and plant improvement.
- Participates in meetings as requested / needed / required
- Communicates ideas, suggestions, problems and solutions as needed / required.
- Assist in Pre operational inspection as needed / requested
SKILLS & ABILITIES
This position requires but is not limited to the following management skills and abilities:
- Strong organizational skills with a focus on attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Self – motivated, ask questions as needed
- Strong and effective communication skills, verbal, oral and written
- Ability to make decisions following company policies and procedures
- Ability to reach or exceed goal expectations
- Ability to tactfully work with multiple supervisors, leads and managers from other departments and agencies to relay opportunities, issues and concerns
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- The expectations and goals for this position are established annually. The continued performance measures are based on the following:
- Analyze problems, concerns, or issues identify the root cause, provide a viable solution.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of plant and corporate management.
- Aid in training and improving standards