Market Research & Planning Manager
The Market Research & Planning Manager works within the Real Estate department. The position is responsible for strategic planning, real estate-related internal reporting, market and site analysis supporting the real estate development program. The role is responsible for preparing and mapping the company’s physical expansion strategies, evaluating opportunities for new stores, preparing new markets and locations for approval by managing the Real Estate Committee process. The Manager is also responsible for conducting market research, and analyzing industry conditions, competitors and consumer/market trends.
This position reports to the Director of Real Estate. The individual will be based out of our corporate office in Doral, FL.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Jointly with the Head of Real Estate and Regional Real Estate Leaders, prepare and continuously calibrate new-store development strategies and expansion plans
- Responsible for supporting the preparation of financial models and accurate assumptions for new store projects
- Develop and maintain updated Program Status Reports of new-store project portfolio, including pre-approved and approved project pipeline
- Manage Real Estate Committee process by conducting the pre-REC and REC process, developing materials needed for the REC and setting REC meeting calendar
- Provide Real Estate team support with market research, financial modeling and analysis, post-audit analysis of actual versus planned performance of new stores
- Assist real estate team in various reporting capacities
- Update and maintain expansion strategy map
- Support related ad-hoc requests as required
- Bachelors or equivalency in finance, business, economics, statistics, accounting or applied math
- 7+ years of relevant analytical work experience
- Software Knowledge: Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, GIS mapping, Placer.ai
- Must have knowledge of extracting data from a database (knowledge of relational databases and Structured Query Language (SQL) is a strong plus)
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders, influence decisions, and recommend a course of action based on data analytics
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.