BRAND MARKETING MANAGER
Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are looking for an experienced Brand Marketing Manager for our retail and club channels. This is an exciting opportunity for a driven marketer on a fast paced team.
- P&L ownership for the assigned Brands/Categories sold in Retail and Club channels.
- Lead the Strategic Planning process and the development/execution of Growth Strategies and the Annual Marketing Plan for the assigned Brands/Categories.
- Build and execute pricing strategy for assigned Brands/Categories.
- Lead Quantitative and Qualitative Brand / Category performance analysis in support of the weekly and monthly Business Review for the assigned Categories; provide detailed analyses using business intelligence resources to provide insight into category performance; work with Customer Marketing team and Finance to provide commentary on key drivers of performance.
- Support the development and execution of the Innovation Strategy for the assigned Categories; assist with development of Business Case and Volume Estimate for projects entering NPD process; assist with the management of Category NPD projects in collaboration with the R&D Project Manager and Marketing Manager.
- Collaborate with and leverage the consumer insights and culinary team.
- Lead Cross Functional Team projects (Insights, Finance, Operations, Demand Planning, Customer Marketing) in support of Category objectives; lead cross functional team projects (as assigned).
- Provide inputs to S&OP relative to product and category trends - non customer specific.
- Support the development of Marketing Tactics to support the Brand Strategy.
- Develop and maintain Competitive Intelligence documents.
- Manage the process of identifying industry and consumer trends; serve as the Category liaison with corporate Consumer Insights; manage proprietary research projects; mine and analyze secondary data to spot trends and insights in support of defined strategies and to uncover new opportunities.
- Work closely with quality complaint team to understand drivers behind customer complaint trends and operational issues.
- Seek opportunities for personal development and proactively identify ways to add value to Business Unit teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or similar field preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in business management and/or marketing.
- 3-5 years of P&L Management and/or Brand Growth experience in the food industry, specifically in protein preferred.
- CPG/Food marketing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of interdepartmental functions and experience in interacting closely with the sales team as well as other teams cross functionally.
- Excellent organizational skills and acute attention to detail.
- Strong financial and quantitative analytical skills.
- Strong PC capabilities with emphasis on Excel Spreadsheets, PowerPoint and Word software required.
- Excellent project management skills, ability to work cross-functionally across departments.
- Ability to participate in strategic and annual planning.
- Strong communication skills including written and verbal presentation.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): eligible after 90 days of employment including company match which begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $84,525 - $121,495 annually; and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;