2ND SHIFT QA TECHNICIAN I
Quality Assurance Technicians - Swift Prepared Foods, Moberly, Mo.
$17.75 per hr
QA Tech. Responsibilities:
- Conduct physical observations of the processing environment, quality of the product, and packaging defects; notify necessary personnel of variations or defects
- Segregate and secure any product not meeting food safety or quality criteria
- Record all results/data from all inspections, monitoring activities
- Provide written and verbal observations to drive improvement of food safety and quality compliance
- Pre-op inspection to monitor and confirm that machinery, equipment, and facilities are properly maintained and sanitized for efficient production; and that employees are performing required duties in a clean and safe manner
- Monitor and verify compliance to HACCP programs, CCP monitoring, SSOP’s, and employees for compliance with GMP’s
- Collect samples for the lab at a frequency consistent with new and existing customer requirements, including collecting microbiological samples
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience and technical knowledge in a variety of production jobs
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision
- Ability to speak multiple languages preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
- Plant working environment
- Food manufacturing operations environment
- Able to multitask in a changing environment
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Swift Prepared Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.