QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER in Training
Quality Assurance Manager in Training (QMIT)
This is a 12 to 18-month management training program which allows you to gain direct work experience within a poultry environment with a complete overview of the Food Safety Quality Control department. The design of the training program is to learn the necessary skill set needed to plan, coordinate and direct Food Safety Quality programs. The QMIT will work directly with an experienced Quality Control Manager/Team to develop these skills with the expectation that at the conclusion of the program the QMIT will be able to function independently as a Quality Control Manager for a Pilgrims Complex.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The QMIT will be exposed to and expected to accomplish the following essential duties:
- Manages, plans, coordinates, and directs quality control program designed to ensure
continuous production/service consistent with established standards.
- Manages the development and analysis of statistical data and specifications to determine present standards and to establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy.
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other managers to maximize quality, reliability, and minimize costs.
- Manages, through intermediate personnel, workers engaged in activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, services, and products.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring work activities such as preparation of records of expenditures, progress reports, etc., in order to inform management of current status or work activities.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to quality and reliability.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists employees in solving work problems.
- Manages installation, inspection, and testing procedures for finished products.
- Recommends corrective action necessary to ensure conformity with quality specifications and standards.
- May investigate customer complaints regarding quality and make appropriate adjustments.
- Interprets quality control philosophy to key personnel in organization
- Coaches and trains technicians as needed to ensure full understanding of expectations within the department
CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO:
- Travel 25% of time, with overnight stays of 1-4 days.
- Must be able to work varying days (including occasional weekends) and shifts in order to meet deadlines
- Able to work independently and exhibit Pilgrim’s values to uphold the Quality Pillar.
- Able to traverse processing areas and equipment.
- MUST BE ABLE TO RELOCATE
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Typically requires a Bachelors Degree in a related field (i.e. Food Science, Animal Science, or Poultry Science).Or an Associate’s degree with two years related experience and/or training.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Self-motivated and able to work well with others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team leader with high ethical standards
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the team member will be exposed to both an office environment and the production environment of wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the production environment is usually loud.