PROTEIN CONVERSION PLANT MANAGER
Pet Food Ingredient/Protein Conversion Plant Manager – Douglas, GA
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
Oversee the construction, design and staffing of new pet food ingredient/protein conversion facility in Douglas, GA. Directs and coordinates operations of the facility after completion. Ensures that objectives are achieved at the lowest cost consistent with quality requirements. Delegate’s authority to key supervisors in production, production control, methods, cost accounting, maintenance, and related operations. Directs all functions involved such as maintenance, manufacturing, production, purchasing, accounting, and administration.
- Leads the safety culture of this facility.
- Oversee the implementation of all food safety and quality programs to meet all local, state and federal laws such as the Food Safety Modernization Act.
- Directs production and ensures cost effectiveness and consistency with prescribed quality, accuracy, and performance standards.
- Maintains plant property and equipment in good condition to ensure compliance with governmental regulations and to ensure effective and economical operations.
- Prepares and submits operating reports to management to inform them of the current production status and to make recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assures effective customer service and relations through timely delivery of quality product.
- Selects, trains, develops, and motivates manufacturing staff to maintain plant operation.
- Assures compliance of all plant operations with company policy and federal, state, and local regulations.
- Assists with development of organization related to policies, practices, and attainment of operating goals.
- Directs and coordinates, through subordinate supervisors, department activities in commercial, industrial, or service establishment.
- Reviews and analyzes reports, records, and directives, and confers with managers/supervisors to obtain data required for planning activities such as new commitments, status of work in progress, and problems encountered.
- Gives work directions, resolves problems, prepares schedules, and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
- Coordinates activities of department with related activities of other departments to ensure efficiency and economy.
- Monitors and analyzes costs and prepares budget.
- Prepares reports and records on department activities for management using a computer.
- Evaluates current procedures and practices for accomplishing department objectives to develop and implement improved procedures and practices.
- Available 24-7 in case of emergency.
- High school diploma or GED required; management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated history of working well with employees, personnel and management.
- Must be self-motivated and have an excellent work and attendance record.